Saturday, February 16, 2013

Is Somebody Singing (ISS) - A song from the International Space Station

Want to see some truly joyous storytelling about being up in space? Watch this video, with Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield singing and playing the guitar while in orbit, along with a group in a Toronto studio of the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (Barenaked Ladies, and the Wexford Gleeks).



I saw a post about it on Phil Plait’s Bad Astronomy blog. Some of the lyrics are:

“...Floating from my seat,

Look out my window

There goes home

That brilliant ball of blue

Is where I’m from and also where I’m going to.
 

So sing your song,

I’m listening, out where stars are glistening

I can hear your voices bouncing off the moon.

If you could see our nation from the International Space Station

You know why I want to get back soon.”

To see it at its best go to this link for the video, and then click on the square bullseye at the bottom right of that player ribbon for a full-screen view.

There also is a video of Jewel in the Night, a song Chris did solo in orbit. Chris has a video about the Space Station guitar, and how playing in zero gravity is different from on earth.

No comments: